HNTB Project Engineer - Rail Transit in Los Angeles, California
What We're Looking For
An exceptional Project Engineer to join the growing downtown Los Angeles Office. The ideal candidate will have experience leading design tasks and supporting construction of rail projects. Experience may be on light, heavy, high speed, commuter or freight rail projects. Current projects assignments include all modes.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
Primary Focus Will Include:
• Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PSE) for rail projects. Project deliverables include Preliminary Engineering, Final Design and Construction Support.
• Project engineer develops deliverables in coordination with technical team members using Power Rail, Microstation, AutoCAD and other design software.
• Conducts quality reviews of deliverables following HNTB’s QA/QC Process.
• Knowledgeable of local, state and federal rail design criteria such as MRDC, SCRRA Criteria, comparable local agency criteria, CPUC and FRA standards.
• Conducts interdisciplinary coordination with civil, systems, structures, electrical and other groups.
• Conducts technical reviews of design plans
• Prepares design exception reports if needed.
• Prepares track calculations including clearances, speeds,
• Uses excel to create tables for calculations and reports.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• PE, California preferred or ability to obtain PE in California
• Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
What You'll Need
Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
Assists with project management duties.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
6 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more by visiting HNTB Total Rewards at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com/en/public/ .
HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer at https://www.hntb.com/equal-opportunity/ .
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
HNTB participates in E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf
Know your rights: Right to Work at https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IERRightToWorkPoster%20EngEs.pdf