HNTB Geotechnical Engineer II in Madison, Wisconsin
What We're Looking For
We are seeking candidates for a Geotechnical Engineer II position in our Milwaukee office. Position will require about 30% travel to other HNTB offices and project sites, and possibly longer duration relocation to project offices.
• Within the Geotechnical Engineering specialty, is fully competent to complete geotechnical analyses, report preparation, and design efforts with minimal direction.
• On a task basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of geotechnical engineering analyses, designs and reports that are responsive to project needs including quality, schedule and budget requirements.
• Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
• Be responsible for field supervision of drilling, testing and data collections activities.
• Be responsible for managing subconsultants to budget, deliverables, and schedule.
• Provide geotechnical analysis and design of deep foundations, earth retaining systems, ground improvement procedures, embankments and cut slopes, levees and dams.
• Help check work of project team members including subconsultants.
• Prepare geotechnical engineering analyses and reports for bridges, highway interchanges, flood and hurricane protection systems, buildings, stadiums, pavements for roadways and airports, rail and transit projects, water resource projects, and major utility projects.
• Develop or review specifications and plan notes related to geotechnical design elements (e.g. earthwork and foundations).
• Perform construction observation of earthwork, foundation installation, and wall construction.
• Potential opportunities for cross-discipline analysis and design tasks with bridge, highway, and water resource engineering sections
Primary Focus Will Include:
Geotechnical Engineering Analysis Computations
Engineering Report and Memo Preparation
Subsurface Exploration Oversight
Master of Science in Civil Engineering (emphasis in geotechnical engineering or geological engineering).
EIT with ability to obtain PE registration and license in multiple states within 2 years.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in geotechnical analyses, geotechnical field services, and report preparation.
Knowledge of geotechnical investigation techniques and laboratory testing procedures.
An understanding of the civil and structural ramifications of geotechnical issues.
Working knowledge of geotechnical software (e.g. APile, GRLWEAP, SHAFT, LPile, Group, PYWall, SlopeW, SeepW, Settle 3D, SP911,Shoring Suite ) and computer aided design software (e.g. MicroStation).
Understanding and working knowledge of geotechnical aspects of LRFD foundation and wall design methods.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What You'll Need
Contributes to the preparation or modification of reports, plans and designs for projects.
Assists in the preparation of project quantity and cost estimates.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
2 years relevant experience
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com/en/public/
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.